Cascadia. The Upper Left Coast. Wonderland.
No matter what you call it, the Pacific Northwest is home to some of the world's most beautiful stretches.
From its rugged coastlines and endless forests to snowcapped peaks and remote, high plain deserts, the opportunities to get outside and adventure are almost unparalleled.
All of which is to say it's probably the best place on the planet to have a dog and canine sidekick.
That, anyways, is the guiding principle behind pnwonderdogs, a popular Instagram feed with nearly 74,000 followers whose self-stated mission is, in keeping with its handle, to "share photos of your furry friends in the Pacific Northwest."
Founded in 2016, the account crowdsources snaps posted to the photo-sharing service under the #pnwonderdogs hashtag and the secret sauce is the expert curation, which is, in a word, glorious.
Doggos frolicking on the beach, hiking around waterfalls, and posing in front of local landmarks — these pups are clearly living their very best lives.
But enough of our babbling. You came here for dogs and you won't leave disappointed.
1. This one is definitely what you would call a keeper.
2. There are sunset goals and then there are ~sunset goals~.
3. Don't stop retrievin'.
4. For some dogs, fetch is just a game. For this one? It's a lifestyle.
5. When your human asks you "Who's a good girl?", but you already know it's you.
6. Someone's in their happy place.
7. FACT: Adorable head tilts increase engagement on an Instagram post by at least 623%.
8. 15/10 dog lovers would go for long walks on the beach with this husky.
9. That's a weird looking polar bear. 😉
10. He thinks he's people!
11. "Make sure you capture the colors, I need a new profile pic." -- this Golden.
12. Reflecting on the past, present, and future all at the same time.
13. Have you ever seen anything so pure? Have you .... really?
14. Summertime vibes are the best vibes.
15. A tent with a view.
16. Is that a dog or a wolf? (Asking for a frie--- oh who am I kidding, asking for myself!)
17. Because no list of dogs in the Pacific Northwest would be complete without at least one puppy wearing his very own rain jacket.
And now, if anyone needs me, I'll be busy booking all the flights to Portland and Seattle.
For more epic snaps of dogs living it up in the Pacific Wonderland, wag on over to Instagram!